- Wax Mat is a non-abrasive, slip resistant grip tape developed as an alternative to wax and foam pads for surf, SUP, kit, foil boards and other water crafts.
- The thin, light-weight grip tape provides an excellent non-abrasive wet and dry grip . The tape works well with bare feet and rubber footwear. The non-abrasive grip tape will not damage clothing or wetsuits.
- Wax Mat will not absorb water and is easy to clean with household cleaners.
- A strong marine peel and stick adhesive makes the grip tape easy to apply and provides a durable bond that will not peel up.
- The film is UV stable and will not discolor or lose its grip properties.
- Wax Mat maintains its excellent grip in all temperatures and is not affected by heat or freezing conditions.
- The translucent white grip tape allows graphics and wood surfaces to be seen under the film. The solid color grip tapes can provide color to the deck of the board.
- Wax Mat is available i a range of panel sizes and shapes. It can also be used on boats, marine crafts, docks, walkways, steps or other areas where a non-abrasive wet grip is needed.
- Wax Mast is developed by SurfCo Hawaii and is made in America with the finest materials and workmanship.
- Be sure the surface is smooth, dry and clean of any dirt, wax, water, etc. Wipe with isopropyl alcoholo or xylene if necessary.
- Select the desired location(s) and position(s) for the Wax Mat panels on the deck.
- Surface temperature must be above 65 degrees Farhrenheit for the adhesive to bond properly to the deck.
- Peel 3″-4″ of the linter at one end of the grip tape and press onto the deck. Then peel off the rest of the liner and press the tape onto the deck.
- Use the end of a putty knife, J roller, or your palm and firmly press the tape onto the deck as the liner is peeled off the adhesive. This helps prevent bubbles from forming under the tape.
- Repeat the above process for the rest of the tape. Maximum adhesive strength is achieved in 72 hours.
Care and Maintenance
Wax Mats can be cleaned with household cleaners, dishwashing detergent or boat cleaners such as Z Cleaner. Use a scrub brush and rinse with fresh water. Replace worn or damaged Wax Mats.
Avoid contact with gasoline, moto oil, paint thinner, acetone, MEK, xylene, or orther petroleum products. They may damage the grip tape.Wax Mats have an excellent wet grip and is non-abrasive to the skin. May be used on the decks of surf, skimboards, marine crafts, bathtubs and any where an excellent slip resistant, non-abrasive, see-through surface is needed.
Removal of Adhesive
- Apply an adhesive remover such as “Goop” or “Goo Gone” and leave it on the adhesive for an hour. This softens the adhesive.
- Use a metal scrapper or putty knife and scrape off adhesive.
- Wipe off any residue with a rag or paper towel.
- Clean the surface with household cleaner or dishwashing detergent.
- Rinse with fresh water.